Ein ambitioniertes Praxisprojekt des Studiengangs Corporate Transformation Management der FH Kufstein Tirol unterstützt innovativen Dienstleister der Industrietechnologie und Automatisierungstechnik
Diversity Management, Inclusion & Family Friendliness
The Kufstein University of Applied Sciences’ mission statement is based on measures involving several social dimensions. The mission statement includes the commitment to living the university’s international network and diversity and promotes the understanding of people from different cultures. At the core of the work carried out at the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences is our effort to support students through personal and individual assistance. It is a key concern embedded in a university community based on mutual respect, appreciation and nondiscrimination. We know that each of our university’s members find themselves in different situations. That is why nondiscriminatory access to education, the best possible studying and working environment and a good social framework are of utmost importance.
The topic of inclusion focuses, on the one hand, on nondiscriminatory access to education for all people regardless of physical disabilities or chronic/mental illness. We aim at providing to all students and applicants studying conditions at the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences that are optimal for them. On the other hand, inclusion also deals with impaired teachers and other members of staff.
A Family-Friendly University of Applied Sciences
The Kufstein University of Applied Sciences aims at providing good social conditions for both staff and students to allow them more easily to reconcile studying, working and having a family. In 2012 and again in 2015, the university was awarded the certificate for hochschuleundfamilie of the Federal Ministry for Family and Youth.
Gender Mainstreaming & Diversity Management
Diversity management deals with integrating diversity into the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences and with nondiscrimination regardless of someone’s origin, nationality, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, skin color or disability. Gender mainstreaming focuses on gender equality and support for women. The Kufstein University of Applied Sciences aims at providing to all members of the university a campus of diversity and equality on which discrimination does not need to be discussed as it simply does not exist.
- More about the topic of Gender Mainstreaming & Diversity Management
- More about the topic of Migration & Integration
- More about the Topic Gender Diversity & LGBTQIA+
In order to show diversity in a lively way and to draw attention to this important topic area in everyday university life, the FH Kufstein Tirol has created an annual event series: Diversity matters. Under this event title, student projects make new interpretations of diversity visible on campus every year.
- 2015: Diversity in Processes of Learning and Teaching (Link German only) - November 23-26, 2015. Continuing education week in diversity and gender for faculty, students and staff.
- 2019: DisAbility - the diversity week at FH Kufstein Tirol (Link German only): January 21-26, 2019. Awareness week for more empathy for people with disabilities
- 2020: Diversity Matters powered by ÖH - it's good to be different: January 17-31, 2020. Social media campaign & event about the beauty craze in social media
- 2020: Q+ You: awareness for the LGBTQ+ community (Link German only): Online event Nov 21, 2020, with photo exhibition until Mar 21; interviews with experts, video talks (IGTV) and Instagram channel
- 2021: Diversity Matters - Your Story Matters: with Feb 2021, an information page on the topic of migration & integration was created as a project work by SKVM in-service students.
- 2021: Q+ You: Awareness for the LGBTQ+ community: photo-audio exhibition Nov 1-30, 2021 in Innsbruck (Café Bar Moustache/Kater Noster/Vereinsheim HOSI Tirol), testimonials from the LGBTQIA+ community provide personal insights; creation of a central website around LGBTQIA+.
- 2022: Careers have no gender!?: Information page (only in German) and social media campaigns about women in the labor market and the frightening inequalities that still exist today in professional life between men and women.
- 2022: First Pearl Pride Parade in Kufstein: At the beginning of the 2022 winter semester, the student project Q+ You of the FH Kufstein Tirol celebrated the first Pride Parade in Kufstein together with 400 queer people and their allies
- 2023: Generational diversity in the workplace: Currently, four generations live and work side by side in the labor market. They differ in many areas and have different demands, values and ideas. The online reference work on generations in the workplace, which was created in a student project, is particularly helpful for HR departments.